Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DEE-LISH...

THREE CHEESE CHICKEN PENNE PASTA BAKE
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 43 MINUTES SERVINGS: 4
WHAT YOU NEED! 1-1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces 1 tsp. dried basil leaves 1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed 1 cup 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese MAKE IT! HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min. COOK and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 min. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese. DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. or 8-inch square baking dish. BAKE 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min.

2 comments:

Monica Ramsey said...

Sounds great - adding it to my grocery list for Saturday shopping and will make it that night with some fresh Italian bread from the bakery!

Monica Ramsey said...

I made it... it was great! I'll make it again (but probably 1/2 the size since I'm not good with leftovers!).
Keep them coming, I do try most of them!